Christopher S. McDonagh, Esq
Phone: (941) 220-6149
Fax: (941) 917-0506
Chris McDonagh is AV-rated* by Martindale-Hubble and advises and represents clients in real estate, financing and business transactions and related litigation and alternative dispute resolution. His dispute resolution practice includes contract, business, real estate, and financing disputes; investors’ claims against company management; representing lenders and borrowers; and representing creditors in Bankruptcy Court (including claims that debts are non-dischargeable in bankruptcy).
Before moving to Sarasota in 2021, he was managing partner of his law firm in Tucson, Arizona. Prior to that, he worked at law firms in Luxembourg City, Los Angeles, and New York City.
Mr. McDonagh received his bachelor of arts degree from Duke University where he majored in economics and political science. Thereafter, he attended the University of Southern California Gould College of Law, where he was an editor of the Law Review. After completing his juris doctor degree, Mr. McDonagh received his masters in international trade law from University of Arizona James E. Rogers College of Law.
Mr. McDonagh serves as a mentor with Faces of Accomplishment for a high school student at Booker High School, is a member of the Sarasota Real Estate Investors Association and the Sarasota County Bar Association, and plays lacrosse. Mr. McDonagh was raised in New Jersey and Connecticut.
Areas of Practice
- Asset Protection Planning
- Business & Corporate Law
- Real Estate Law
- Tax Exempt Organizations
- Duke University, B.A., Economics and Political Science (1989)
- University of Southern California Gould College of Law, J.D. (1994)
- University of Arizona James E. Rogers College of Law LL.M., International Trade (2004)
Admissions to Practice
- California (inactive)
* Chris McDonagh is rated AV® by the Martindale-Hubbell National Legal Directory®. AV is the highest rating awarded to law firms and lawyers by Martindale-Hubbell. AV® and AV Preeminent® are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.