Estate Planning & Probate
A comprehensive estate plan offers the peace of mind that comes from knowing that your loved ones are provided for, your assets are protected, and your wishes will be carried out. Band Law Group helps clients achieve these goals through our trusts and estates practice.
Our attorneys have many years of experience in developing estate plans that help clients preserve their wealth and transfer it to the next generation efficiently and with minimum tax consequences. Our estate planning clients include owners of closely-held businesses, professionals, executives, retirees and other high net worth individuals. Band Law Group customizes estate plans to suit the circumstances of each client using a variety of traditional estate planning tools and documents, including:
- Revocable Living Trusts;
- Use of Trusts to protect assets inherited by surviving spouses and/or children including bypass trusts, marital trusts and generation skipping trusts;
- Irrevocable Trusts including Life Insurance Trusts and Defective Grantor Trusts;
- Family Limited Partnerships and Family LLCs to minimize tax consequences in gifting and/or bequeathing assets;
- Qualified Personal Residence Trusts;
- Grantor Retained Annuity Trusts, installment sales to grantor trusts, and self-cancelling installment notes;
- Charitable Giving Techniques including Charitable Remainder Trusts and Family Foundations; and
- Heath Care Surrogates, Living Wills, Powers of Attorney and Pre-Need Declarations of Guardians.
While most clients have similar overarching goals — the protection of their families and the preservation of their assets — the individual needs of each client are unique. Band Law Group takes pride in focusing on those individual needs to help each client achieve peace of mind, through our estate planning services.
Probate and Estate and Trust Administration
In addition to helping our clients plan for the disposition of their assets, Band Law Group also assists clients with probate and estate and trust administration throughout Florida. We regularly assist clients who are managing an estate in which the decedent resided outside of Florida, but owned real property within the state.
The support of an experienced Florida probate attorney can make the estate administration process more efficient, and can help personal representatives and trustees avoid errors that may lead to delay, needless expense, or even personal liability.
Band Law Group proudly serves individuals, families, and businesses of all sizes in Southwest Florida. We invite you to contact us to schedule a consultation or to learn more about our estate planning and probate services.