Melinda A. Delpech, Esq.
Phone: (941) 917-0505
Fax: (941) 917-0506
Sarasota attorney Melinda Delpech has practiced family and marital law for more than 25 years. Melinda was born and raised in Westchester County, New York and graduated from the University of Massachusetts in Amherst with a bachelor os science degree in Legal Studies. Thereafter, she attended law school at the University of North Carolina in Chapel Hill where she earned a juris doctor degree. Shortly thereafter, she moved to Sarasota to begin her legal career in family and marital law.
Ms. Delpech offers representation in all areas of family law, including divorce, child custody and support, domestic violence, property division, spousal support, prenuptial agreements, paternity, parental relocation with children and enforcement of support obligations. Experience has taught her that each family law case is different. If a situation can be resolved amicably, thus minimizing familial stress, she will assist and guide the client through the process. If the client needs someone to fight for his or her rights in court, Ms. Delpech is prepared to do so.
Ms. Delpech lives is Sarasota with her husband and is an active member of the Sarasota County Bar Association.
Areas of Practice
Ms. Delpech’s practice in family law includes:
- Custody and Support of Children
- Parental Relocation with Children
- Visitation Issues
- Domestic Violence & Restraining Orders
- Establishment & Enforcement of Alimony
- Paternity & Father's Rights
- Modification of Prior Agreements or Court Orders
- Legal Separation
- Prenuptial Agreements
- University of North Carolina, J.D. (1992)
- University of Massachusetts, B.S., Legal Studies (1987)
Admissions to Practice
- North Carolina
Professional Memberships and Associations
- Sarasota County Bar Association and Family Law Section
- Florida Bar Association and Family Law Section